Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

Here we go, everyone.

My first fall recipe of the season, and, boy, is it a good one!


Cute little oatmeal cookies, filled with pumpkin flavor and bursting with sweet raisins.  I'd be surprised if your mouth isn't already watering.

No, really.  Are you sure there isn't drool dribbling down your chin?  Maybe you want to check a mirror...?


All joking aside, these really are great cookies.  They make a perfect snack, lunch-box treat, or maybe even breakfast.  You could even follow in my footsteps and try one six for dessert.

Or, have a cookie at all of the above times.  You can never have too many pumpkin cookies during fall.  Trust me, it's not possible.


I haven't even mentioned the healthy-ness of these cookie yet, have I?  Sorry, I was too caught up with the awesome taste.  I'll get to that now...

These cookies are completely gluten free (if using gluten free oats) and vegan, and contain no butter or oil.

Don't worry, though.  These cookies are more like a snack than an actual dessert, but the taste is definitely not lacking.  And a snack cookie is not a bad thing either, it means you get an excuse you eat cookies more!

Anyone who thinks more cookies is a bad thing is downright crazy.


Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats (gluten free, if desired)
  • 1/2 cup oat flour (to make this, you can grind oats to a fine powder in a food processor or coffee grinder)
  • pinch salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar (if you have a big sweet tooth, you may want to add more)
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp water
  • 2 tbsp raisins.
Preheat oven to 350F.  Combine all dry ingredients (not raisins) in a large bowl and mix well.  In another bowl, stir together all wet ingredients.  Pour the wet into dry, and mix to combine.  Add in raisins.  If mixture is too dry, feel free to add more water.  Shape dough into small balls, and line up on 1 or 2 parchment paper lined cookie sheets.  Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes (mine baked for 9).  Let cool before removing from cookie sheets and serving.  If you have any leftovers (which I highly doubt), store them in an airtight container.


So there you have it.  The pumpkin craziness has officially begun.  You'd better expect a ton more  fall recipes coming your way, and I'm not even done experimenting yet.  I've still got a whole bucket load of recipes that I want to try out.  Don't blame me if I'm still posting about pumpkin in January, ok?

But, so that hopefully that doesn't happen, I need some answers for you all.  Would you rather see a fall cake, breakfast, or spread recipe next?  I'm stuck on what to post.  Seriously, answer in the comments... I need help!


And don't forget to make these cookies!  If they were delicious enough to be the first fall recipe posted, they have to be good.

Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I quadrupled the raisins, doubled the cinnamon and ginger, substituted apple sauce for the sugar and water + added walnuts. Came out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear you tried and liked them!

      I'm going to have to try them with applesauce instead of sugar. Anywhere you can lower sugar without noticing is always worth exploring in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. You'll probably want to cook them a couple of minutes longer because of the additional liquid. (I didn't measure applesauce.)

    ReplyDelete