Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats

Simply delicious.


When I want a dessert, and I want it now, that phrase is something I've come to love.

To me, it means that a recipes is easy, fast, and still just as gratifying as one that could have taken hours to prepare.


Now, you may very well be thinking that I'm out of my mind right now, because that last sentence sounds pretty darn close to impossible.  But, trust me, it's not.

For if it was, these Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats would not exist.


With only 4 ingredients, all of which are probably already somewhere in your kitchen, and no baking time required these bars are pretty much as simple as it gets.  And, oh yeah, they taste amazing too.

See?  Simply Delicious isn't just a fantasy of mine, it can and has been achieved.


Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats - original recipe can be found here
  • 3 cups rice crispy cereal of choice
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup honey (maple syrup or agave will also work for strict vegans)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
In a large bowl, measure out your cereal.  Set aside.  Next, in a small saucepan, melt together the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla over medium heat.  Once melted, pour over your cereal and mix until everything is coated and there are no dry spots.  Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.  Pour your peanut butter and rice crispy mixture into the pan and press down firmly until flat.  Place pan in freezer for half hour before cutting and serving your Rice Crispy Treats.  Store any extra bars in freezer.


Next time you need a fast and easy crowd-pleasing dessert, this should definitely be the page you visit.

The recipe can easily be doubled, or even tripled, and, that's be honest, everyone loves peanut butter.


Enjoy!

Side Note: The Giveaway is now over.  To find out who won, head over to this page.

Revisited Recipe of the Day: 

Single Serving Double Peanut Butter Cookies










Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Definitely bookmarking and making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! I hope you make them soon, they're delicious!

      Delete
  2. this was so delicious and addictive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm so glad you decided to give them a try

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to try! Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's me!! We tried it! Super yummy, my husband kept filling in his "holes" before I was able to freeze. Great summertime treat, no oven needed, and quick melt on the stove... Snack-able immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked them. I definitely snuck some bites before freezing too :)

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to try these with sunflower butter! How long to un-thaw?

    ReplyDelete