Sunday, July 15, 2012

Greek Pasta Salad

Healthy, fast, and delicious aren't always words that go together when it comes to food.

In fact, it's usually a pick 2 sort of thing.


You can have healthy and fast with a salad that you may have some trouble choking down, healthy and delicious after a while in the kitchen working your butt off, and fast and delicious with takeout from your favorite pizza place.  However you put it, you just can't have all three.


Sometimes, this becomes a problem at my house.  Because, there are days when I want all three of those words, not just two.

And that's why I love dishes that fit into each and every one of those categories.

Dishes like this easy Greek Pasta Salad.


Greek Pasta Salad

  • 1 can artichoke hearts
  • 1/2 cup pitted black olives
  • 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 red pepper, sliced
  • 1/2 pound pasta, uncooked(I used multi-colored)
  • Balsamic vinaigrette (as much as desired)
  • Greens of choice (baby arugula, baby spinach, etc)
Cook pasta normally.  Then, mix together all ingredients, but greens.  Put a layer of greens on plate, then add other ingredients on top.  Enjoy!



This pasta salad recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners, quick and filling lunches, or just the days when you don't want to spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen, but still want a good great meal.

When I made this, I actually had an elaborate meal planned, but then ran out of time to make it.  I threw this salad together instead, and, believe it or not, I think I enjoyed it even more than I would have the "fancy" dish.

Somtimes, simple is just plain better.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment