Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A stop at Vegamot, a cafe

If there's one thing to look forward to while traveling, it's the food.

Of course, there's sightseeing and museums, but really the restaurants are the things everyone wants to see. Right?

Today, on the last day of my trip in Iceland, I stopped at a lovely little cafe with outdoor seating.

Though it was a bit chilly outside, my family and I ordered coffees and enjoyed the crisp outside air.


When the coffee cups came, they were just so pretty that I had to take some photos. Unfortunately, someone (I won't name any names) had already taken a sip out of theirs.


Anyways, soon the coffee cups were emptied and everyone agreed that they were far hungrier than they had originally thought.


It was a good thing the cafe also served lunch!

After placing our order (we got a hamburger, a panini, and 2 omelets), a little wooden block with a number was placed on our table and we began to wait

(At most of the restaurants we've visited in Iceland, numbers are used to mark tables and when you've finished your meal, you go to the front desk and pay by telling someone that number)


When the food arrived everyone was so hungry that they nearly dove into their plates, giving me no time to take any pictures. I did, however, get some pictures of the plates after the meal.

I think it's fair to say that we enjoyed the food!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. How pretty. I was a barista for years but never got the hang of foam art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could ever even come close to doing it, at least not without a lot (and I mean a lot) of practice. For now, I'll settle for just admiring the beautiful designs that others have created in my coffee.

      Delete