Saturday, May 5, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas, the perfect snack food

I don't like chickpeas.  Not. At. All.

But. . . I saw all these recipes for roasted chickpeas popping up and I knew I had to try it.


And boy, am I glad I did.  These little suckers were totally delicious!

The thing I didn't like about the chickpeas was their texture (the mushy-ness just wasn't good), but when you roast the beans they get crunchy, just like a healthy version of crackers or chips.  And, you can add almost any type of spices to them to fit whatever you're craving.

Seriously, the person who decided to roast chickpeas was a genius.


Roasted Chickpeas

Ingredients:One 15-ounce can garbanzo beans1 1/2 tablespoons olive oilSaltSpice blend of your choice ( I like cinnamon and salt, but you can really use anything)


Steps:
Preheat oven to 400F.  Drain and rinse chickpeas.  Then, put a paper towel onto a baking sheet and put the beans on top.  Pat the beans dry with another paper towel.  If you want, you can take of the clear skin on the chickpeas, but you don't have to.  Next, drizzle olive oil over the beans, using a spatula (or your hand) to distribute the oil equally. After that, just stick the beans into the oven for 30-40 minutes or until they're crunchy and golden.




This recipe is so simple to make, and is a perfect healthy alternative to snack foods.


And did I mention it tastes great?


Try them today, you won't be sorry!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. My spice blend of choice is black salt, chili powder, mango powder. And, I mix up the roasted chickpeas with a batch of roasted and spiced rolled oats...and serve it with yogurt, diced onions and cilantro. Yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, that seriously sounds amazing. I HAVE to try it. But before I give it a shot, could you answer one question for me (and it may be a stupid one)? How do you make the roasted and spiced oats? They sound awesome. Thanks so much! I love when people comment with new ideas!

      Delete